Hjerkinn Fjellstue / Hjerkinn Mountain Lodge at Dovre is Norway’s oldest family business, and it’s the 12th, 13th and 14th generation that welcomes you to our lodge and farm, 1000 meters above sealevel
The lodge has apartments, hotelrooms and a pilgrimhut. There is a diningroom for 70 guests, a meetingroom for 35 guests and a lounge with a fireplace and a small bar. We also have a campsite for caravans and tents, an outdoor hottub and a sauna. The hotel has an relaxed atmosphere and we serve traditional Norwegian cuisine.
- 26 hotelrooms with private bathroom, tv, refrigerator and kettle. (Bedlinen/towels and breakfast included)
- Singelroom Nok 1180.- Doubleroom Nok 1510.- 3-bedroom Nok 1690.-
- 12 apartments with 1 or 2 bedrooms, private bathroom, kitchen, livingroom and internet. (Bedlinens, end-cleaning and meals not included).
- Apartment w/1 bedroom (1 family-bunkbed 150/90×200 cm) Nok 1415.-/night.
- Apartment w/2 bedrooms (1 family-bunkbed in each bedroom) Nok 1730.-/night.
- Bedlinens/towels can be rented, Nok 135.-/35.-. You can buy the endcleaning (Nok 500.-) or you can do the cleaning yourself.
- The pilgrim-hut is a timber cabin from year 1720, with 5 beds, electricity and heating. Showers and toilets in the building next door. You need to use your own sleepingbag. Reserved for people walking alone. (Meals not included).
- One bed Nok 370.-, shower included.
- Campsite with 40 pitches. Nok 305.-/unit/night, electricity and showers included.
- Dinner is served at 19.00/7 p.m. It’s a buffet with 2-3 hot dishes, salad, cheese, deserts and coffee/tea. Adults Nok 340-. Children 4-15 years Nok 160.-.
- Breakfast is served 07.30-09.30 am. Adults Nok 135.-. Children Nok 85.-
- Sorry, we don’t serve lunch, but you can make yourself a packed lunch at breakfast. Nok 85.-/person.
- We have riding tours on Icelandic horses, for novice and experienced riders, children and adults. The age-limit is 12 years, or 10 years if parents are attending the ride too. Each day we divide into smaller groups according to experience, each with its own pace, letting riders get the most out of their riding trip. You’ll try ambling and cantering. NB: We use Icelandic horses, that are relatively small in size, so the maximum weight limit for riders are 95 kg.
- We ride across fields, in the Mountains and across rivers, following beautiful trails through the Birch forests. Saturdays we ride into the muskoxen’s domain, on the look out for muskoxes, wild reindeer and horses grazing in the Mountain pastures.
- June 17th – August 14th + weekends til medio September.
- Horseback riding from our stable 09.30 – 16.30 every day, except Mondays. Nok 995.-/person, bring packed lunch and drinks.
- Canoes and boats for hire, Nok 200.-/day
- Bicycles for rent: 125.-/3-hours or 250.-/day.
- EL-bicycles for rent: 300.-/3-hours or 500.-/day.
- Guided Muskoxsafaries, 10-15 km mountainhike (by foot!), is offered by our neighbor hotels. We can help to book a tour for you. 450.-/person.
- Pilgrim-hikes along beautiful trails or visit the Eystein-church, 600 m from us.
3 generations Welcomes you to our Mountain farm and hotel !
Anne, Anne Stine & Terje, Martin & Kirsti, Marius, Amalie, Dina og Emil